A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Thursday, September 13, 2012

Movie Trailer: LINCOLN

LINCOLN
Director: Steven Spielberg
Starring:
Daniel Day-Lewis
Sally Field
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Tommy Lee Jones
Jared Harris
Lee Pace
Jackie Earl Haley
David Strathairn



I know I say this a lot, but I have actually been waiting and looking forward to this movie for YEARS. It was announced years ago that Spielberg would be at the helm with a script by Pulitzer Prize/Tony Winner Tony Kushner. Liam Neeson was first attached to star as the sixteenth president, but Daniel Day-Lewis eventually took over in the part. He wrote the screenplay based on parts of the book "Team of Rivals" by fellow Pultizer Prize winner Doris Kearns Goodwin. Back in 2009, Kushner was at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis as part of a festival celebrating his works. He had a book signing after the "In Conversation" night and was very gracious and lovely to fans. Naturally, I geeked out and asked him about Lincoln. I am pretty sure this was far before the screenplay was even finished.

I know I have received flack for saying it, but Steven Spielberg is my favorite director as well. He has proved time and time again that he is a master at creating the perfect blockbuster like Jaws or Raiders of the Lost Ark, he can create fascinating sci-fi like Close Encounters of the Third Kind or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. He has left a legacy with his dramas like Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan. With an all-star cast and intelligent writing, Lincoln could be listed on many Best of 2012 lists.

In theaters November 16, 2012

Here's the trailer that was just released as well as a discussion with Steven Spielberg and Joseph Gordon-Levitt about the film:





Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I was very impressed with this trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nate- Thanks for reading and watching the trailer. The look of film, the casting, and everything about it just seems right and spot on.

      Delete