A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Movie Trailer: THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY
Director: Peter Jackson
Starring:
Martin Freeman as Bilbo
Ian McKellen as Gandalf
Cate Blanchett as Galadriel
Andy Serkis as Gollum
Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield
Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel


The latest trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has been released today. I absolutely love The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and it currently holds a place in My Top 10 List. I am embarrassed to say that I have yet to read the Tolkien novel, so I am fairly clueless of the adventures of a young Bilbo Baggins. The movie has gone through some turbulent times on its way to the big screen. There were issues with the studio as well as a change of director. Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) was originally attached to direct and had spent many months of pre-production working on it only to drop out. The Hobbit would continue to be in good hands even after del Toro left. Peter Jackson who helmed the first trilogy was announced to take over the director's chair after originally passing on the idea. I think the fans had a sigh of relief with that announcement. Jackson envisioned The Hobbit to be divided into two parts, but he has since changed his mind and decided the story must be told as a trilogy. Have you read "The Hobbit"? Does it need to be made into three movies?

Release Dates
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey- December 14, 2012
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug- December 13, 2013
The Hobbit: There and Back Again- July 18, 2014

I have posted the new trailer below as well as the first trailer that was released a few months ago.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I read the book and it didn't even need to get made into TWO movies. HOWEVER I am excited to see what Jackson comes up with. I am not concerned that he sticks with the original book exactly. I just want another great series of films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited as well. We may have to do an all-day marathon in preparation. We've got the extended edition blu-rays if you've never seen them. I've read that Jackson is pulling from various appendices to further the story.

      Delete