A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Wednesday, July 4, 2012

PAUL'S 2012 MID-YEAR MOVIE RECAP

Over the years, people have asked me "How many movies do you see a year?" I really had no clue, so last year I started tracking how many new movies I saw. Let it be known, I stole this idea from my good friend Max. He always tracked his movies for his blog, so I thought it would be a good idea. I wrote down any movie I was watching for the first time whether they were new releases, old classics, and a few HBO movies. The premise was to jot down the name of the movie, date of viewing, release date, mode of viewing, director, and actors. Was I prone to going to one movie theater over another? Did I watch more Netflix via the discs or streaming? Here is my mid-year recap from last year for comparison.

The List Thus Far...
The Artist
War Horse
Man on a Ledge
The Devil Inside
Friday the 13th Part VII:The New Blood
The Iron Lady
We Bought a Zoo
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Hotel Chevalier
The Darjeeling Limited
Morning Glory
happythankyoumoreplease
The Vow
Being Elmo
Wanderlust
The Ten
Game Change
Friends with Kids
Water for Elephants
21 Jump Street
The Hunger Games
Mirror Mirror
Titanic 3D
Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
Murder By Death
So I Married an Axe Murderer
American Reunion
The Cabin in the Woods
The Lucky One
The Five-Year Engagement
Rebecca
Marvel's The Avengers
She-Devil
Chocolat
Spellbound
Dark Shadows
What to Expect When You Are Expecting
La Vie en Rose
Men in Black 3
Battleship
The Last Picture Show
Prometheus
Snow White and the Huntsman
Rock of Ages
Hemingway & Gellhorn
Moonrise Kingdom
Magic Mike

That's 48 movies total. I am 2 movies short of this time last year. Life is fairly different than it was last year at this time, so that does play a big factor into it. I guess I have my work cut out for me for the rest of the year.

The St. Louis Park Showplace Icon got our patronage the most with 18 visits.

Notable 2012 Releases
The Cabin in the Woods
Marvel's The Avengers
The Hunger Games
Prometheus
Moonrise Kingdom-- Best Film of the Year










Duds of 2012
Dark Shadows
Mirror Mirror
The Devil Inside
**I try not to see too many bad movies**











BUSIEST ACTOR OF THE YEAR
Channing Tatum: Haywire, The Vow, 21 Jump Street, Magic Mike

BUSIEST ACTRESS OF THE YEAR
Elizabeth Banks: Man on a Ledge, The Hunger Games, What to Expect When You Are Expecting, People Like Us
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment