A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Movie Trailer: OZ, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

OZ, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
Director: Sam Raimi
Starring: James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz, Zach Braff


There seem to be a bunch of movies in the works inspired by The Wizard of Oz. The legendary director of both the Spider-Man and The Evil Dead trilogies is back with his take on L. Frank Baum's world in Oz, The Great and Powerful. The first trailer appeared recently at Comic-Con. The movie tells the story of how Oscar "Oz" Diggs(Franco), a struggling magician, gets blown from Kansas in his balloon and arrives in the Land of Oz. All things change as he meets up with the three witches (Kunis, Williams, Weisz) we have come to know and love. They seem to be promoting it as a prequel of sorts to The Wizard of Oz. I wish the studio had not added the "And the Producer of Alice in Wonderland" line in the trailer. I HATED that movie and I just get nervous when they use that line and try to connect it to that wretched Tim Burton adaptation. This movie looks very ladened with CGI much like Alice in Wonderland. Whenever movies are heavy in CGI, I get frustrated as many times they often look cheap. Despite that, I am staying fairly opened minded. I trust Raimi as well as his top notch cast and hope they can deliver a fine product without feeling like a cheap knock off of the 1939 classic.

The Cast
James Franco- The Wizard
Michelle Williams- Glinda
Mila Kunis- Theodora
Rachel Weisz- Evanora
Zach Braff- Frank

In theaters: March 8, 2013

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment