A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Friday, April 11, 2014

DEAR READERS

DEAR READERS,












It has been a few weeks since the last time I wrote a "Dear Readers" piece. Life has been pretty hectic, what can I say. For those that may not know, I have a new gig as the movie critic for a local Minnesota based talk show called "Twin Cities Live" doing some movie reviews. I had my first appearance on March 26th and have done three segments so far. It airs 3:00-4:00 pm CST every day on the local ABC affiliate, and I will be on every Wednesday. If you are interested in watching them, but don't live in the area, the videos get posted on their website at www.twincitieslive.com shortly after it airs, and I hope to post them each week on the blog.

People have been asking me for the links to the segments, so I thought I would post the first three videos here. The idea behind the piece is catered around the concept of my blog as to whether a certain movie is worth your trip to the movies. I try to review two that are currently playing in the theater and one home release choice. I may throw in a special home release if a film seems topical or having an anniversary. The experience has been extremely rewarding and everyone who works on the show has been a complete joy to work with each week. Here are the segments as well as links to my original reviews of each film:

SEGMENT #1
March 26, 2014
Movies Discussed: Divergent, Muppets Most Wanted, Saving Mr. Banks




SEGMENT #2
April 2, 2014
Movies Discussed: Noah, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Nebraska




SEGMENT #3
April 9, 2014
Movies discussed: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Blue Jasmine, Field of Dreams



all video courtesy of "Twin Cities Live" & ABC

Thank you again for reading my blog and watching me on "Twin Cities Live". I hope you can tune in each week!
-PAUL
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment