A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Friday, April 20, 2012

First Look: MAGIC MIKE

First Look: MAGIC MIKE
Director: Steven Soderbergh
Starring: Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Olivia Munn, Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello, Adam Rodriguez, Matt Bomer

The Oscar winning director of Traffic, Contagion, the Ocean's Triology, and Erin Brockovich teams up with Channing Tatum again in a story loosely based on Tatum's pre-Hollywood life as a male stripper.  Tatum plays the lead character as he teaches a young newbie (Pettyfer) the ins-and-outs of the job all while struggling to have a normal life.  Matthew McConaughey portrays the club's owner.  TV stars Matt Bomer ("White Collar"), Adam Rodriguez ("CSI: Miami"), and Joe Manganiello ("True Blood") co-star as fellow workers at the club.

The trailer and poster were just released this past week.  I must admit, the feel of the movie is not at all what I thought it was going to be about.  I guess I assumed it would have this gritty, rough, drug-filled tone to it.  By the looks of the trailer, it seems lighter, funnier, and more romantic than I had imagined.  I also think they should have showed more skin in the trailer.  Maybe that's just me though.

What are your thoughts?  Are you excited to see it?  Does it look like a dud like Striptease, a cult classic like Showgirls, another Soderbergh hit like Ocean's 11, or will it just get lost in a summer of huge blockbusters ?








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment