A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Movie Trailer: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
Director: Josh Boone
Starring: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff, Willem Dafoe, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Mike Birbiglia


I know it may look like just another teen romance type movie, but rest assured it will be more than that. This is not some stupid Twilight vampire love saga. I repeat this is NO TWILIGHT. I am almost through reading the novel by John Green, from which the film is being adapted. It is the beautiful story of sixteen year old Hazel (Woodley) who starts attending a cancer support group for children with cancer. There she meets Gus (Elgort) who is an amputee after battling osteosarcoma. The two of them bond and find out how to live life to the fullest and find love despite the cancer that lays inside them.

I have watched the trailer a few times now and it seems to accurately depict the book, which is reassuring for the legions of fans that have devoted themselves to these characters. Woodley and Elgort seem to have great chemistry and are quite perfect as Hazel and Gus. Plus, the great Laura Dern stars as Hazel's mom and Willem Dafoe as the enigmatic author idolized by Hazel.

RELEASE DATE: June 6, 2014

Here's the trailer. Feel free to comment below on your thoughts about the trailer or the book!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment