A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Monday, April 15, 2013

Movie Trailer: THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Movie Trailer: THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
Director: Francis Lawrence
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Donald Sutherland, Sam Claflin, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson



I must say that this teaser trailer was more than I expected. Usually teaser trailers contain a couple of images from the film with some narration or dialogue from the film playing over it. This teaser feels like your standard full length trailer. The second in the The Hunger Games trilogy looks to be just as thrilling, exciting, and exhilarating as the first part. Now that Katniss (Lawrence) and Peeta (Hutcherson) have won The Hunger Games, they must embark on a victory tour of the districts in Panem. Their win sparks controversy and rebellion which does not sit well with President Snow (Sutherland). Another competition, known as the "Quarter Quell", is announced that could leave a massive impact on the districts. This competition, which only happens once every twenty-five years, pits Katniss and Peeta against each other again and are now joined by previous winners to leave the last man or woman standing.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Claflin, and Jena Malone are all newcomers to the series. Hoffman is always fantastic whenever he plays mysterious and untrustworthy characters. I am already looking forward to his scenes with Sutherland based on this teaser alone. Francis Lawrence takes over the director chair from Gary Ross. His previous films include Water for Elephants and I am Legend. I hated Water for Elephants, but I attest that to the book and not him. I expect huge box office numbers as this opens Thanksgiving weekend which is always a big movie going weekend. I know what I will be doing after stuffing my face with turkey and pie.

RELEASE DATE: November 22, 2013

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment