A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Monday, November 14, 2011

Trailers: THE HUNGER GAMES, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN

THE HUNGER GAMES
Director: Gary Ross (Pleasantville)
Starring: Katiss Everdeen- Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone)
Peeta Melark- Josh Hutcherson (The Kids Are All Right)
Gale- Liam Hemsworth (The Last Song)
Haymitch- Woody Harrelson ("Cheers")
Effie Trinket- Elizabeth Banks (Role Models)



The Hunger Games is based on the first in a series hot young adult books by Suzanne Collins. I'd hate to compare it to the Twilight series or the Harry Potter series, but it belongs in that category of huge pop culture following. Granted it's not yet at the stage of those previous series or crazy fandom. I'm sure by the time the third movie comes around it will be at that level. I have read all three of the books and am eagerly anticpating how the filmmakers interpret the world Collins has created.

Release Date: March 23, 2012





SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN
Director: Rupert Sanders
Starring: The Evil Queen- Charlize Theron (Monster)
Snow White- Kristen Stewart (Twilight)
The Huntsman- Chris Hemsworth (Thor)



With TV shows like "Grimm" or "Once Upon a Time", there is a current trend of taking new twists on old fairy tales. Next year, there will be two version of the classic tale of Snow White. Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart star in Snow White and the Huntsman. I love Charlize Theron and cannot wait to see her take on The Evil Queen.

Release Date: Summer 2012

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment