A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Friday, May 23, 2014

Movie Trailer: LIFE ITSELF

LIFE ITSELF
Director: Steve James
Starring: Roger Ebert, Chaz Ebert, Martin Scorsese, Werner Herzog



One of Roger Ebert's favorite movies from the '90s was the documentary Hoop Dreams from director Steve James. It seems quite fitting that James has now made a documentary about the extraordinary life of one of the best film critics who had a tremendous impact on the film industry. Roger has been a huge inspiration to me ever since I was a young boy watching "At the Movies" every Saturday night. I own quite a few of his books, including his memoir, "Life Itself", which this documentary is based on. Last year when he passed away, I wrote this piece about his influence on me.

I am so happy to hear the film is getting a wide release after playing at numerous film festivals and receiving extremely positive reviews. I know I will love it, and I already get a little choked up just by watching the trailer.

RELEASE DATE: July 4, 2014

Here's the trailer


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment