A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Friday, August 30, 2013

Movie Trailer: PARKLAND

PARKLAND
Director: Peter Landesman
Starring: Zac Efron, Jacki Weaver, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, Paul Giamatti, Tom Welling, Ron Livingston, Jackie Earl Haley


If you are familiar with the more specific details of the JFK assassination, you know that Parkland refers to the Parkland Hospital where President Kennedy was rushed to after the shooting. He eventually died there along with his assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Oswald's assassin, Jack Ruby.

The star-studded film is based on the book "Four Days in November" by Vincent Bugliosi and is a multi-storied look into the aftermath of the Kennedy assassination. The studio is advertising it as "the story you know, the people you don't." My brother was the first to show me this trailer, and it definitely peaked my interest. There have been numerous movies, books, and TV specials that follow the Kennedy family and the tragedy that fell on America on November 22, 1963, each taking their own spin on the story. I continue to be fascinated about that day no matter how many different perspectives I hear about it. Even if you think you know this story, there is always something new to take in.

Release Date: October 4, 2013

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment