A BLOG DEDICATED TO MY LOVE OF THE SILVER SCREEN
Established May 2010.


Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.
-STAND BY ME

Film Critic for Twin Cities Live

Member of THE LAMB: The Large Association of Movie Blogs LAMB #1588

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my blog and other fun movie news. Find me at @PaulsMovieTrip

Find and "like" me on Facebook at Paul's Trip to the Movies


Monday, March 19, 2012

New Trailers: DARK SHADOWS, PROMETHEUS, ON THE ROAD

DARK SHADOWS

Next up for Tim Burton is Dark Shadows. I’m sure you’ve already figured out that in Tim Burton style, Johnny Depp is the lead as Barnabas Collins and Helena Bonham Carter collaborates as well. When the idea of Burton directing this re-imagining of the TV show "Dark Shadows" came along, it sounded promising. I really loved the promo shots that were released acouple of months ago. It seemed to be a darker return to form to the older Burton we all grew up on. Based on the new trailer, it seems he is playing it safe again. There is more humor involved than the goth feeling I had hoped for. I will admit to a love of Michelle Pfeiffer. She was iconic as Catwoman in Burton's Batman Returns. I am far more excited to see her in this than Johnny Depp.



PROMETHEUS

Ridley Scott is a pioneer in the sci-fi genre for both Blade Runner and Alien. He is definitely back to his home turf with Prometheus. Some insiders are loosely saying this could be a prequel of some sort to Alien. It definitely has that feel to it. Whether it is a prequel or not, it doesn't really matter. With a stellar cast including: Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, and Michael Fassbender, I will definitely be seeing it opening night.



ON THE ROAD

The very long awaited adaptation of the classic novel by Jack Kerouac. Walter Salles directs Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund, Kristen Stewart, and Viggo Mortensen.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment